Friday, August 6, 2010

Sisters

I have had the chance to live close to both of my sisters at different times. Melanie lived near us when I was a teenager and I loved it! We had a great time and I loved having her and her kids close. She helped me a ton through those years and I had a really hard time when she moved away.

Julie has lived here in Utah, about 30 mins away, the entire time I have been at BYU and it has been awesome! I was excited to get to live near a sister again. She has been such a support to me and I feel like I have grown a lot closer to her because of it. Her husband Mike recently got a job in Washington and they are moving today. This is actually a huge blessing for their family and I am really excited and happy for them...but I also don't want to give them up at all.

Julie and I have seen each other almost every week for the 3 years I've lived here (sometimes it's more like every other week) and we have had a lot of fun together. We've done lots of shopping, making cookies, playing games, sleepovers, watching chickflicks, playing with the kids, and talking and more talking! I have loved getting to go to her house and have her pamper me by making me dinner and letting me do laundry. She really is just amazing and always willing to help out where she can.
I have also been here for the birth of both of her kids and have grown really attached to them. They are so much fun to play with and I love them so much!

I will miss their family a lot!

Here are some pictures and highlights of my time living near them:
Birth of Isabelle
BYU campus
Visiting me at my apt
This is what Isabelle would do when you said "touchdown!". It was adorable!
This was just an absolutely hilarious few moments when she went crazy on the horse.
At Grandma's house
At my wedding with THE scowl
The birth of Michael
All the hours of playing
Babysitting. Michael was reeeaally happy about this.
Dinosaur Museum

We will miss them so much! I will miss getting to skip out on work to hang out with Julie, singing songs to Isabelle before bedtime and laughing at all the hilarious things she does, rocking Michael to sleep (it is seriously one of my favorite things!), and all the other things we do together.  I'm so glad I have gotten to live by them. We wish them luck at their new home! Love you Julie!

3 comments:

Amy Eds said...

I had no idea they were moving! We will miss them too!

Liz Robertson said...

your family solidarity is a precious thing. love the blog : )

Becky Montoya Wright said...

What a sweet post about a sister who loves her sisters :)