Friday, December 11, 2009

Hello Mr. Turkey, How Are You?

Due to an insane two weeks after Thanksgiving break of trying to finish up classes, I'm just now getting to this.

Our break began with us picking up my parents from the airport who were here to visit my sister Julie who just had a baby. We spent the night at Julie's and had a good chance to chat with everyone there. Then on Tuesday afternoon we flew to San Diego where my sister Melanie picked us up and drove us to their house in Yuma, AZ. We had a great time! It was sooo fun to be with her kids and to just relax and have fun. We tickled and wrestled with the kids, played lots of games, watched movies, ate yummy food, went on walks, and Melanie and I talked a ton. It was a great few days with them.

We also went to the camel farm that is there in Yuma. It was pretty random, but they have lots of animals to feed. They of course had the regulars like sheep, goats, pigs, horses, etc. but then some really random animals like a half donkey-half zebra, some weird desert animals, and CAMELS! They actually had a lot of them and we got to feed them. They were pretty disgusting and our hands were nasty, but it's not everyday you get to feed a camel...so it was also pretty dang cool.
The half donkey-half zebra Andy
Another day, we went to an AWESOME park! Seriously awesome. I won't be able to do it justice, but I'll try. It is a giant castle that actually looks like a castle even from the inside. It has a ton of different passage ways and crawl spaces. We played tag in it (because it is huge and perfect for tag) and I think by the end I still got a little lost inside of it. It was amazing!
This is what the passage ways looked like. It's kinda hard to tell, but you get the idea.
Beautiful Jane

And, of course you can't go to Melanie's house without playing in her awesome dress up box. :) Hopefully someday mine will grow to be as big and awesome.

All of us who played

Tommy forcing Samuel to dress up like a girl since all he wanted to wear was Star Wars stuff.

Nathan in his flight commander gear with a touch of grandma.

We really had a great time there! The Jarvis family is so fun to visit and are great hosts. I wish we lived closer and got to see them more often.

We flew back early Saturday morning in time for the BYU vs. Utah football game. It was such a GOOD game!!! We just about froze, but had an awesome time! We went into overtime and I think my blood pressure was at an all time high. My legs were shaking so bad I had to start jumping to make it stop. Our cougars pulled through for an amazing ending and it was so exciting!!!

Whoot!The fans rushing the field after the game.

We finished up our break with more visits with my parents and baby Michael's blessing. We had a great Thanksgiving! We have now finished our classes for the semester (yay!). And now on to finals...

:) Have a great day!

4 comments:

Nisha said...

Jilly!! That playground is awesome!! We used to have one JUST like it when I was a kid back in Alabama, it was called Cottage Hill Park, and it's construction was actually on an episode of Mr. Rogers! :-) The secret passage ways are the absolute best for hide and seek! And I loved your Disney on ice post, I remember going to see Little Mermaid on ice! Thanks for putting those pictures up! They made me smile..all your posts really give me hope that I'll might be as successful, especially your ones about your trials, because baby, I feel it too!
-Anisha

DeEdra said...

I look at your blog and still have a hard time believing you are married. I guess it's because it makes me feel so old. Looks like you have had a great 2009. May the Lord bless you and Jill with a wonderful 2010! 2010 - that's crazy!!!

Becky Montoya Wright said...

See you guys on Friday. Now that I'm all caught up, not sure what we'll talk about :)

Lissa said...

Hello Jill!! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I loooooved playing dress-up with your family in Tx. One of my fondest (and weirdest) memories. =) Love you, cousin!