Friday, July 3, 2015

Around Our House - June

We spent our first two weeks in Utah. The week we got back, Tommy got sick and we had our new windows installed, so Tommy worked from home every day that week.

The window installation went well but took them 4 days instead of 2. It was a combination of problems on their end (truck problems one morning and a funeral another day), rain, and our horrible old windows. Instead of the windows easily coming out, they kept chipping and breaking when they were taking them out because they were so old and brittle. The workers were really annoyed with them. So I guess it was a good thing we replaced them! The supervisor said he hadn't seen ones that bad in a while. We are loving the new windows! They look so much better and are so much easier to open! Yay!!

We celebrated Tommy's 26th birthday and Father's day! We love him!
It was my first time making a cake with 3 layers. It was so good. :) The Stices came over to eat cake and play a game. 
Tommy's Father's day gift was a giant cook book (America's Test Kitchen). He is loving it and we are enjoying what he's made! As he was looking through it Bradley came up to him and started whispering random things in his ear and then said, "Dad I have another present for you. It's a hug." haha it was cute and funny. 
The following week Tommy was in New York until Thursday evening and went straight from the airport to Youth Conference, which went until Saturday night. The beginning of the week went really well for me but gradually got harder. I helped prepare food for Fred Holberg's (Rampton's grandpa) funeral and took the boys to the funeral alone. It went well but was exhausting. I helped with a baby shower for one of the women I visit teach who just adopted a baby. I'm so happy for her. I had to have my kids with me though and that took me away from a lot of the conversations. I just needed a break from the kids by the end of the week. I took the kids to the church Saturday night while they were eating dinner for Youth Conference so Tommy could see the kids since he hadn't seen them all week.
Tommy with his aunt and cousins on a jumbo screen in Times Square
Youth Conference went really well. Tommy had a great time. We had four 14 and 15 year old boys stay with us. That was fun. It made us excited for when our boys are that age.
We picked blueberries with Katie and Jude one morning. We had a lot of fun and Bradley was fascinated by the farm.
We went swimming with the Holts and had playgroup at a splashpad. Caleb was super intrigued by it. 
We also went to our town's "Touch a Truck" event. Bradley really enjoyed it, although this year he didn't want to sit in very many of the trucks. 
Bradley has been really fun this month. I substituted in his Sunbeams class on Sunday and he was so excited I was his teacher. :) He has been singing "Happy birthday" all the time since Tommy's birthday. He yells it in his room after we've put him to bed. And he has been telling everyone that he's turning 4 in August. He has discovered it feels good to have someone scratch his back and asks for it fairly often. He talks on his play phone a lot. Most often he talks to Aunt Julie or Grandma.
Caleb still isn't fully crawling!! He is soooo close, but just can't quite do it. He is pro at getting onto his knees now and has started to move his hands but can't figure out how to move his legs forward. He also crosses his feet and then gets tangled. He lunges himself forward, can sit up from laying down, and rotates easily so he still ends up moving quite a bit. He is babbling a ton and started pointing this month. He loves swimming. We even dunk him and he doesn't mind! And one of the best ways to calm him down is to read books.
This week Caleb threw up black vomit again. I took a sample to the doctor the next day and it tested positive for containing blood. He also hasn't gained weight since April. They really can't tell what's wrong with him. I have an appointment with a GI doctor at the end of July. He has been so grumpy and is getting 4 new teeth. He has had a fever off and on and isn't sleeping well. I feel SO bad for him and have no idea what to do. This type of thing makes my worrying nature go out of control. I just wish he could tell me what hurts and how to make it better. My poor, sweet baby.
But he is obviously still happy and cute when he feels good. :)

2 comments:

Glenene said...

Awesome cake!

Jocelyn said...

Somehow I missed this post! 1. That cake looks delicious. 2. Caleb threw up blood? Oh no! I hope the GI doc can figure it out. Jason wants to know if he's had any other weird symptoms (like, has his poop looked normal)? 3. Splashpads are awesome! One JUST opened in our town; we haven't been to it yet, but I'm so excited for when we're able to take the girls. 4. Hahaha about Bradley yelling the happy birthday song once he's gone to bed. I can't believe he's almost 4.