Monday, November 3, 2014

Around Our House

Monday we got to go on a date! We have started trading off babysitting with the Smiths. We went to Smashburger and ran a few errands. It was nice to just be alone away from the kids. 
Bradley started a gymnastics class on Tuesday! I'm very excited about it. He was hesitant and cried for the first few minutes but once he went off with the class away from me he loved it! So fun!

Tuesday night we got to visit a firehouse with the cub scouts (for my calling). Bradley liked it for the first 10 minutes and then lost interest. 
 Wednesday we went to the zoo with Kayleigh and Rhys. We had lots of fun and Bradley loved getting to ride the train!
 Caleb liked the train too. :)
 The boys had fun Wednesday night while I got my hair cut. They went on a walk and had hot chocolate.
Tommy's facebook status about it:
Two highlights from my walk with Bradley tonight:
1- when I told Bradley that we needed to pick up the trains when we got home "umm, how about we pick up the trains after Christmas?"
2- to the truck which blocked the sidewalk "truck, excuse me, get out of here." And when it didn't move "dad, let's crash it."
Being a dad isn't always fun and games, but it sure brings me joy. And moments like this just make me laugh and remind me to savor every moment.
I google chatted with a couple of my roommates while Tommy had his weekly late-night Asia phone call. I love those girls!
We finally carved our pumpkin  on Thursday.
 Our neighbors, the McCaslins, had us over for pizza before trick or treating. That was fun. Bradley liked trick or treating and getting candy! It was pretty cold and wet though so we didn't go out for very long.
We spent a nice weekend at home. We got a lot done around the house and made some good organizational changes, including new toy organization. It was so nice to just have some good family time all weekend. 

And here is the cute baby at church! He is getting chunky!
 Tommy and Bradley matched at church. When I told them to look at the camera, they just looked away. :)

No comments: