Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Around Our House

I wrote this blog on October 19...just now posting though.
This week was a survival week. Tommy left last Saturday for Geneva, Switzerland and returned Friday night. I did pretty good with everything (except getting locked out) but single parenting is just hard and lonely. I do not enjoy weeks tommy is gone.
Bradley with Ammon Guffey, one of his favorite people. This was the Sunday Ammon gave his farewell talk. He has since left for his mission to Chile. B will miss him!
My friends helped make it bearable though. The Stices had me over for dinner on Sunday, I took dinner to Carissa's house Tuesday, and Katie came over for dinner Wednesday (their husbands are both gone a few evenings of the week). It was really nice to not have to eat alone.
Since Monday was such an emotional day with getting locked out, we went and picked up fast food (including a shake!) and ate it at VOA park and then enjoyed a nice long walk. It was what I needed that night!
Tuesday night I was invited to young women in excellence because I helped mentor Chrissy Rampton with her quilt. I just had to take my boys and luckily they were both awesomely behaved. I'm glad I got to go.

Thursday night I went to see Meet the Mormons. Again, I had to take my boys. I went with Chrissy and one of her friends from school. Chrissy told me she would help with my kids since she had already seen it once. Luckily the boys were good again and they weren't problems. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie!
Thursday after I got the window fixed I treated myself to a pumpkin roll from Jungle Jims
And Friday tommy came home!! We picked him up from the airport.
Saturday we did our annual visit to schappner farm to pick our pumpkins. Bradley had a lot of fun and picked a green pumpkin!
 Even though weeks that tommy is gone are hard, we are very grateful for technology! We were able to facetime a couple of times a day and we snapchatted pictures all day long.
Caleb has started to enjoy toys and it is so cute! :)
 and a cute shot of our weekly Sunday facetime with grandma!
 I still haven't gotten the pictures off of tommy's phone so Switzerland will be its own post.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Tommy just needs to ship all three of you to MIAMI when he leaves the country. I think that's a great solution ;) It's so crazy that there is actually fall weather happening! We are so oblivious to seasons now! I love seeing pictures of it! Your family is so sweet!