Sunday, March 30, 2014

Around Our House

What a good week! This past week I completed a week long Facebook fast and I loved it! I don't spend very long on fb each day, but I noticed that I had started checking it often throughout the day and it was really getting on my nerves. It was also creating a lot of guilt in me, because I didn't have much self-control with it and I don't like being on the computer when Bradley is awake. I hadn't even realized that a lot of the negative feelings I had been experiencing were related to guilt until I went the week without fb and it completely eliminated the guilt feelings. It was so nice! Instead I filled my time with reading more books, talking to people on the phone, playing with B, and playing the piano again. It really made such a difference in my emotions.

We had a play date with Carissa and Hailee on Monday. Tuesday, Hailee and I had fun window shopping at Babies R Us and planning for our new babies. :)

We had our ultrasound on Wednesday. :) I am still so excited that we are having another little boy. I have been thinking about him so much this week and find myself looking at the ultrasound pictures on my fridge often. It makes it all seem so much more real and I am starting to think and imagine what he might be like. I had fun making some initial plans for his bedroom and we have started talking more seriously about names.

After the ultrasound we went and picked up Bradley and went to eat at Troy's Cafe, a spunky little place Tommy had been to with work. Then we went and bought a new outfit for baby brother to celebrate. :) After we put B to bed, Tommy and I went out again (Joslin was home) to the grocery store and to walk around Target. My favorite moments there were not having to get a cart and sitting on the display patio furniture for about 20 minutes just talking. The store was pretty empty and we were cozy and I almost forgot we were even at Target. It was fun.

Seminary was at our house Thursday and Friday because the school needed to use our classroom. Friday we had another scripture mastery breakfast. My kids are becoming so motivated to pass off for these breakfasts! (I had two girls come pass off at church today!) And now we are on spring break!!!! yay!!!! I have really loved seminary lately, but I am also super excited for a week off to relax and sleep in! I spent Friday cleaning so I can mostly just enjoy my spring break. Friday evening we ended up going back to Target and a few other places to run some errands.
 Oh! How cute is this boy!?!
Originally we were planning to take a trip during my spring break to visit my parents in Delaware and go on an anniversary getaway. We had to cancel those plans because of Tommy's work projects, but then this weekend actually ended up being really free and open. Tommy had felt bad about canceling our plans, so he surprised me with a list of other short trips we could do this weekend for me to pick from. We decided to go to Lexington, KY to visit the Kentucky Horse Park. We had a great time!!!
Kentucky is the horse capital of the world and this horse park was really fascinating! We left Saturday morning and spent the majority of the day there. It was rainy and cold, but we still had a good time. The park has two museums (one of them is an extension of the Smithsonian, about the history of the horse), a field and track where there are races and dressage practice, lots of barns to see the horses, and few shows. They have several past champion race horses there. I really didn't know much about horse racing and it was interesting to learn more. Bradley loved seeing all the horses.
There were cats in all the barns and Bradley LOVED them! This one was especially friendly and sweet. Bradley and I loved her. She was so soft and didn't run away (too much) when B came running at her excitedly. He cared more about this cat than all the horses around him. My boy. :)
B had a lot of fun at the museum being independent and getting to walk by himself. They also had a little section for kids where he could read books and play with some wooden toys. He loved that part. 
At the second museum we sat down to watch a little movie and B crashed. We leaned the stroller back and decided to just sit there for a while to let him rest. My eyelids started getting really heavy around that time too and there was no one around. In that sleepy moment I decided to lay on the floor under Tommy's legs and the bench and go to sleep. I probably only slept for 10 minutes, but it helped so much! We laughed about it afterwards and Tommy teased me that I slept on the floor of the museum. In that sleepy moment, it seemed like such a normal idea!
In the afternoon we went and checked into our hotel and rested for a bit and then went to dinner at Cracker Barrel. Then we went swimming at our hotel. Bradley was so excited about it (but also a little nervous) and had a lot of fun. Sleeping in a hotel with a toddler is an adventure, but he eventually fell asleep and we enjoyed watching HGTV. B woke up at like 5 am (again, it's an adventure, right?) so we were all pretty tired today. But after breakfast we went back to the horse park (it was a two day pass) to do a couple more things that we didn't do yesterday. Then we hopped in the car and made it home just in time to get dressed and leave for church. It was a short little trip and really not a long drive (1.5 hrs), but we had a great time! It was so fun to do something different and run away for a spontaneous weekend getaway.
Other randoms from the week:
-When you ask B what a rooster says, he says, "quacky-doo!" haha
-He hates his fingernails being clipped and when Tommy went to do it he told him he would let him watch a show on his phone. Bradley just kept asking for milk. Tommy told him no and asked him what show he wanted and started listing some options. B responded with, "I want to watch milk!" :)

No comments: