Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

I have been decorating Bradley's room in a Peter Pan theme (post about that soon to come), so it has definitely been on my brain...so this year Bradley was Peter Pan! His costume was fun to make and I couldn't get enough of my cute little guy as Peter Pan. Seriously, can't get much cuter!
I originally wasn't really planning to do anything for Tommy or me. Then, Tommy came home from work one day saying there was a Halloween party at the building he is about to become the HR site leader at and that everyone dresses up. This was like a week before the party and we didn't really think much about it. Well, Friday he came home and said everyone was telling him he needed to go all out with a costume...so we went to a thrift store and found the perfect (woman's) red overcoat for $6! sweet! Then I bought gold buttons, ribbon, and lace to embellish it. We already had the hat because I've used it as a decoration in Bradley's room. The wig is actually a "punk rocker wig" but it is so perfect for Captain Hook. It worked out really well and I was pleased with the final outcome. For mine, I simply dyed an old white shirt and dress that I don't wear anymore. So easy! We now have some great additions to our dress up clothes. 


 The work party was fun and we got a ton of candy. Although Bradley was unusually grumpy. He didn't want to be held and didn't want to wear his hat...so that wasn't too fun, but we enjoyed the party.

Yesterday afternoon we carved our pumpkins finally. We normally do it earlier, but hadn't had time.

Last night we decided just to go trick-or-treating on our small little street with Bradley (Tommy and I didn't dress up). It was a very cold and wet night so we didn't stay out long. There was hardly anyone out and only 3 houses on our street had their lights on! It was so weird. Oh well. We have enough candy. And it was worth it just to put that adorable costume back on my adorable son and marvel at the adorableness. :)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

oh my goodness, he's the cutest Peter Pan ever! I LOVE peter pan! and you did such a great job with the Wendy and Hook costumes too :D So awesome!

Glenene said...

Keep up the creative sewing!!

Jocelyn said...

Holy cow, your costumes were SO CUTE! I seriously love all of them - Bradley is an adorable Peter Pan. I like that picture of him pulling his hat off, because that's what Ellie kept trying to do to her elephant hood. And Tommy's Captain Hook costume looks so awesome! I'm glad you guys dressed up. :)

Sorry, I know this is already turning into the longest comment ever, but I just thought it was funny that we also didn't carve our pumpkins until yesterday. We, too, usually do it earlier, but just never had a good time until yesterday this year. And yours turned out so cute! And I love the pictures of you and Tommy with Bradley! And, okay, I'll stop now. I love you!