Wednesday, October 10, 2012

September

I haven't blogged in quite awhile. We have been really busy. So this is just a general summary of September with some of the highlights.

My parents came to visit us here at the beginning of September. We had a great time with them. I love getting to see them. We celebrated Bradley's birthday while they were here. Unfortunately, Bradley didn't like his cake. He was anxious to touch it when we first brought it to him, but once he felt how sticky the frosting was, he wouldn't have anything else to do with it. Oh well.

Tommy and my dad went to a Romney rally and got to shake Mitt's hand! They were pretty excited.
 Bradley playing with grandpa on the floor. 
 Playing with the ball popper they bought him for his birthday.
I love getting to see my parents!

P&G had their Dividend Day at King's Island (the amusement park in Cincinnati...really close to our house) the following Saturday. We all went in the morning to get our big bag of free P&G stuff (have I mentioned how much I love that perk?) and then walked around the park. We did all the things we could do with Bradley. There were no lines because P&G reserves the entire park. Bradley loved the carousel! We went home for naps and then a friend watched Bradley so Tommy and I could go enjoy more rides by ourselves.  

Then Bradley and I flew to Connecticut to visit my sister, Melanie, while her husband was deployed. I always love visiting her. We had a blast! Bradley didn't nap well while we were there, but he loved playing with her kids and animals. Connecticut was beautiful! We went to the aquarium where the very friendly Beluga whale stayed by the kids. We also went apple picking, visited the Gillette Castle, walked along the coast, and got fresh cider at a cider mill. And of course lots of time hanging out.

I was home for 3 days and then it was off to Arizona! It was fun to see Tommy's family. We were there for their town's Fall Festival, which included a parade Saturday morning. We also got to watch Sam's football game. Sam wanted Bradley to wear purple for his team, so we made him a little jersey. We had a great time there!
 So cute. :)
 Bradley loved the pink jeep. He screamed each time we took him out of it. 

Whew. So much traveling! We were pretty tired from it all, but it was all so much fun! Bradley was such a trooper with it all and traveled like an champ. Sometimes it is no fun living far away from all of our family, but I find myself extremely grateful that we live in a day when traveling is so easy.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Yaaay!!! I've been wondering when you were going to post again. I've missed your updates. Yeah, you guys had a really busy month! Lots of traveling. I'm glad you had so much fun! :)