Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July

Yeah, I was a complete slacker about documenting July. So here is goes! Picture overload...although lucky for you, this month I didn't take NEARLY as many pictures as I normally do. 

We spent the 4th of July with our friends, Shauna and Gavin Holt. We ate, talked, watched our boys play, and then drove over to the local amusement park to watch their fireworks.
these two boys are adorable together. 

We celebrated 3 years of marriage! :)
 I went thrift store shopping with Shauna a few times and got some awesome toys. Most of them are for Bradley's birthday, but I gave him this activity table to play with. He LOVES it! He gets so excited about it and dances to the music. Oh and I got it for $15...normally $45! sweet!
 Bradley helped me get more of our house organized. 

 One of our dates this month was a Chinese night. I made sweet and sour chicken, we did origami (shown here...I did a lantern, Tommy did a tie. we did the easiest ones we could find), we wrote 5 fortunes for each other, played a Chinese themed game we have, and watched Mulan. It was a lot of fun. We don't really have anything Chinese to dress up in so I just did my hair in a bun with chopsticks. Tommy went for more of the stereotypical tourist Chinese man. My favorite part of the whole night was when Tommy was reading Bradley his bedtime stories, he read them all with a Chinese accent. He sounded exactly like a Chinese woman! Made me laugh so hard! 

We went to the Holts for an Olympic party the night of the opening ceremonies. I made these cupcakes with the Olympic rings. I also put together some games to do before the ceremonies started. We did a javelin throw using straws, hammer throw, high dive (standing on a chair and trying to drop clothes pins into a bottle on the floor), and crab walk races. Shauna made awesome medals to give out. It was a lot of fun! 
The Barrons
The Unversaws
The Holts

 And Bradley is still doing well and being his happy little self. This month he mastered going up the stairs and won't leave them alone. I think a big majority of my day is following him up the stairs. He also learned to pull himself up to standing (although he still just prefers pulling up to his knees). He doesn't show any interest in walking, so I doubt he will be walking by his birthday. He is almost weaned. I am now just nursing when he wakes up in the morning and right before his bedtime. That is such a bittersweet and weird feeling. 
 His face is really starting to change into his little boy face. so crazy!
 He makes this squinty face all the time! It makes us laugh so much (probably why he keeps doing it). It is hilarious to see him do it in person. 
Wearing mom's headband. :)
 The squinty face again. 

We also had a few big storms which always makes me super happy. But the winds were strong enough that we had some roof damage and one of our rain gutters blew off. Luckily there is an HOA that comes and fixes all that stuff. 

We had a great month and are still loving our new lives here in Ohio!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

These pictures are ADORABLE. I LOVE your Olympic party. Such a fun idea! And Bradley is looking so OLD! I miss you guys. A ton.

Beth said...

So glad you updated! Bradley has grown so much--and I love the squinty face picture. Miss you but so glad you are having fun!

McCain Family said...

Hey! This is Kristin McCain. I've been pinning a lot of quiet book pages on pinterest and came across a blog I really liked. She linked some pages to her friend "Jill." When I clicked the link I was surprised to see you!! If you have any tips for me with quiet books let me know! Hope all is well with you guys!