Monday, May 7, 2012

Our Move: Leaving Utah

Well, we have have been here for a week now and are starting to feel settled, so I can now get around to blogging about our move.

On Tuesday, April 24, the movers came to pack up all our stuff. This was absolutely wonderful! P&G paid for it all so we didn't have to stress about the money or all the packing. They were so fast! They had our entire apartment packed and loaded in about 4 hours. We just hung out at our neighbor, Beth's house and watched movies. After the movers left, we cleaned our apartment and said goodbye to Provo. I have been so excited to leave, start our new adventure, and have a nicer place to live, but it was still hard to leave. There were a lot of quirks to our old house, but we really did love it. It was home for almost 2 years and it was Bradley's first home. I think I mostly got emotional because it is where Bradley and I have spent all our time together. So I had slight sad feelings...but they didn't last too long because I was mostly just really excited to leave.

We also drove around campus one last time...that was weird. Crazy to think we are done at BYU. We both loved our time at BYU so much and have a lot of awesome memories. 

We spent the night at Troy and Heidi's house (Tommy's aunt and uncle) in Orem. Wednesday morning we went to Kneaders to get french toast one last time and then headed out. The first day we drove to Cheyenne and the second day to Omaha. Somewhere along the way we stopped to see this random monument of Abraham Lincoln. It was actually a little creepy looking up close.

And then we began the church history side of our trip!

No comments: