I absolutely love St. Patrick's Day. I'm not really sure why, but I have just always loved it. We've always done the green dinners, but this year I wanted to do some new things. I decided to start some new family traditions.
My roommates and I get together every week and one week we made these St. Patrick's Day garlands out of scraps of fabric and tulle.
A leprechaun peed in our toilet sometime in the middle of the night. This definitely caught Tommy off guard in the morning. :) (thanks to pinterest for the idea)
We had green pancakes and milk in our St. Patrick Day cups I bought.
This was the new tradition: I bought this green flower pot and some ribbon and filled it with gold coins. It was our centerpiece on our coffee table for the few weeks before St. Patrick's Day. Then on St. Patrick's Day, it was taken by a leprechaun and hidden. I cut out shamrocks and a note from the leprechaun and had them laminated so I can reuse them every year. Then I made clues for a scavenger hunt to find the pot of gold and taped them to the shamrocks.
Tommy and Bradley finding the note and starting the scavenger hunt.
They found it! It was filled with Hershey's Nuggets. Then we enjoyed our treat.
Bradley wanted to eat it too.
I thought it was really fun and am excited to start a new family tradition.
We had a green dinner as well, but didn't go all out like I sometimes do. I made a pasta that had spinach pasta in it so it was already a little green, peas, non-green bread, and green milk. It was a fun day.
3 comments:
Fun! Love the garland :) My mom would always do green eggs and ham for St. Patrick's day. And since the Cooleys are Irish, we'd always have corn beef and cabbage for dinner. This year we celebrated by going to six flags- not very festive, but fun non the less!
the leprechan pee and the pot of gold treasure hunt is wonderful! so cute jill; you are going to be a fun mommy!
How fun! I looove that middle picture of Bradley and Tommy, where Bradley's holding the paper and smiling at the camera. He's such a ham! :D
Post a Comment