Monday we had another Dr appointment. Unfortunately my blood pressure was borderline too high. It is not to the preeclampsia stage, but close to it. The Dr told me to cut out sodium as best as I can and to take it easy. If it keeps going up, they will have to put me on bed rest so he told me to get lots of rest and work less. I've liked the "more rest" part, but the low sodium isn't as much fun.
The saddest part was I had a bag of Cheetos I had gotten from a ward activity waiting for me in my bag for after the appointment. I was so excited to get to eat them (I love Cheetos! but don't get them very often) and I had to give them to Tommy. He said he felt like a bully taking a little kid's candy. But he also promised to buy me my very own big bag after I have the baby. :) So far the new diet hasn't been terrible at all, just different because I actually have to read labels.
Also, I checked my blood pressure at Walmart the other day and it was down from what it was at the Dr. It is still a little higher than I would like - but at least its not going up! That made me feel better and hopefully even just a few days with less sodium has helped.
Everything else is going well though. He's still head down and everything with the baby is good. And actually I'm kinda excited because the Dr now wants to see me every week - so my weekly appointments have begun! He also said the baby could come as early as next week and things would most likely be just fine and if he comes anytime after August 25th they will clap and welcome him. :) And my ultrasound due date is 4 weeks away. So we're getting down to the last few weeks. yipee! We're excited for him to get here.
3 comments:
So glad the numbers were down a little!!
One think you may want to try is lemon water.. and a lot of it. I have this happen with my first and lemons helped so much! Good luck.
Even just plain ol' water will help your body process sodium better. Do you have a name picked out for your little guy?
Post a Comment