Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Robin Hood Night

We rented Robin Hood Prince of Thieves from the library a while ago and decided to have a Robin Hood themed Family Night. It was so much fun!

We had a simple meal of chicken, cubed cheese, green beans, pears, and bread. This was probably much more like how Prince John or the Sheriff would have eaten, but I wasn't about to make porridge for dinner.

 We made hats and swords. Tommy made a Robin Hood hat and I made a Maid Marian hat. And we dressed up, because dressing up makes everything that much more fun.

Then we played a few games. First we had a coin toss using some awesome coins we have from one of our games (like real coins...not the dinky plastic things). Tommy won. I was very bad and learned there is a reason I don't play basketball.

Our second game was a relay race where we had to balance a gold coin on the end of our sword, carry it down to the basket and drop it in and then race back to get another coin. And if we dropped it we had to start over. We did 3 coins for each game but we played like 3 different times. It was hilarious and by the end we were hitting each other's swords to knock off the coins.
Tommy gave a short lesson about law and principle. And we took more pictures.

Apparently Robin Hood picks his nose with his sword. 
 
 

Then we popped some popcorn and watched the movie.

It was so much fun!!! I love themed nights!

4 comments:

Becca said...

you guys are too cute! I don't think James and I have EVER done a themed night. hmmmm, maybe I better follow your example. love it.

ps- word verification is WINGO. ha. it amuses me.

liz robertson said...

hahahahahaha funny! you will be the funnest parents!

lizzy said...

Is that movie not hilarious?
I think Kevin Costner was perfectly terrible. Not robin-hood-y at all, if you ask me.
But Alan Rickman? Oh boy - he's always a creeper.

Jocelyn said...

Man, you guys' dates look so fun! :D I think Jason and I are going to have to use your inspiration to come up with some of our own themed nights. :)